Vinay Kumar Boddula
vinaykb [at] uga.edu
Computer Science PhD Student
415 Boyd Graduate Studies Research Center
University of Georgia, Athens, 30602-7404
I am a Computer Science PhD student at University of Georgia. Previously i have worked with IBM India for about 5 years before joining UGA in August 2011 as a grad student. I also have a Master Degree in Embedded System Design from International Institue of Information Technology , India. My research interest are Sustainabilty, Big Data Analytics, Information extraction and processing and Distributed Systems. br>I am a part of Data Intensive and Pervasive Systems lab which is directed by by Dr. Lakshmish Ramaswamy. I an doing a colloborative interdiscipliary research with the Department of Geograhy at UGA. The research focus is to exploit both remote sensing and social sensing techniques to predict the growth of toxic algae in Georiga Inland Waters. You can visit my research page at CyanoTracker.
Currently i am a research assistant working under my professor.
Below are highlights from my CV, with the full version here.
- CyanoTRACKER Cyanotracker/Meghdoot is an Early Tracking System for Harmful Algal Blooms also known as Blue Green Algae/CyanoHAB/Cyanobacterial Blooms. Please visit CyanoTracker website where we will have live updates(Coming Soon) on a Map for the lakes/ponds infested with these toxic algae.
- CyanoSense-Raspberry Pi based Wireless Sensor System for detecting Harmful Algal Bloom/Water Quality The wireless system has been developed and deployed at 4 lakes/ponds in Georgia. We use Oceanoptics hyperspectral sensor and make use of several componenets including Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Servos, Solar Panels, 2G Mobile Network using sim module that acheieves our goal of wirelessly collecting the algal bloom spectra/profile. The system is low power, low cost, low footprint. Please contact (vinaykb(at)uga.edu) for details on the design and code of the sensor kit.
- Apache Hadoop MapReduce, Storm.
- Apache Mahout, Weka, RapidMiner
- Hbase, Hive, Solr, SQLServer datsabase, Hbase datastore, NoSQL, Master Data Management.
- Java, C, MVC - Grails, Groovy, Perl, Unix/Bash, Python scripting.