I am a Professor in the Computer Science Department at the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia. My research interests include the Semantic Web and SPARQL query processing, ontologies and ontology engineering, ontology-aided text processing, Web services and workflow processes, as well as bioinformatics. I direct Ph.D. and M.S. computer science graduate students focusing on research in these areas.
I usually teach graduate and senior-level courses on Software Engineering, Enterprise Integration, Compiler Construction, and Advanced Software Engineering. Occasionally, I teach an introductory course on software development.
I have been a faculty in the Computer Science Department since 1987. From 2002 to 2008, I served two terms as the Department Head of Computer Science. Currently, I have been devoting my time to research, mentoring graduate students, and teaching both graduate and undergraduate courses.
- Congratulations to Mehdi Allahyari! Mehdi defended his dissertation in July, 2016. Well done!!!
- Delaram Rahbarinia defended her thesis in July, 2016. Congratulations!!!
- Mehdi Allahyari is the lead author on a paper accepted at 2016 Web Information Systems Engineering (WISE).
- Mehdi Allahyari is the lead author on a paper accepted at 2016 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence.
- Congratulations to Shima Dastgheib! Shima defended her dissertation in March, 2016. Great job!!!
- Mehdi Allahyari is the lead author on a paper published at the IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA 2015), which has won the Best Paper Award.
- Shima Dastgheib is the lead author on a paper accepted at The 14th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2015), Demonstrations Track.
- Shima Dastgheib is the lead author on a paper accepted at DILS 2015.
- Bhargabi Chakrabarti defended her thesis in April, 2015. Congratulations!
- Congratulations to Reshmi De! She defended her thesis in March, 2015.
- Matthew Eavenson is the lead author on a paper published in Glycobiology.
- Congratulations to Matthew Eavenson! Matthew defended his dissertation in January, 2015.
- Amy Liu defended her dissertation in November, 2014. Well done!!!